Getting Started as a Consultant
1.1 Getting started (service overview)
Wingup platform was specifically designed as a problem-solving tool, which brings together businesses that aim to improve their performance and intelligent individuals that can provide creative solutions to problems of different complexity.
1.2 What can I do here as Consultant:
As a consultant, we give you an opportunity to monetize your skills, experience, expertise and knowledge by solving business related problems and providing critical assessment for businesses.
More information can be found at:
How it works: https://wingup.co.uk/how-it-works
Our mission: https://wingup.co.uk/our-mission
1.3 Eligibility to become WingUP consultant
There are no clearly set parameters that define the eligibility criteria. Bottom line is that we are constantly looking for individuals with unique mindset, extensive experience and diversified expertises. The better your CV shows these three key characteristics, the more chances you have at being accepted in becoming a Wingup consultant.
More information can be found at:
1.4 Do I need to send any documents validating information in my CV?
This may depend on the circumstances. If any information in the your CV looks suspicious, we may ask for documentation or certificates as proof. Providing all necessary certificates initially may significantly speed up the application process.
1.5 How long does the reviews process take after submitting my application?
We ask that you please allow 5-7 business days for the reviews team to process your WingUp application. This estimate is subject to change depending on the volume of applications we receive.
If/when you are admitted into the network, you will receive an automatic welcome email from us. At that point, you will have full access to review and apply to all WingUp projects.
If our reviews team has decided to decline your application, unfortunately it is our policy to not send feedback. We will be sure to keep your information on file as we expand the scope of projects on our site.
1.6 Why my application was declined?
Unfortunately, we cannot disclose the reasons as to why an application was declined. Re-applying after 6 months with an updated CV may result in a positive decision.
1.7 What if I am VAT registered consultant?
At the moment, we can’t accept VAT registered individuals to act as consultants. This feature will be available in next updates.
2.1 Changing settings and profile information?
All profile information and settings are changed in “profile settings”.
2.2 Close your account?
Please contact Wingup team at firstname.lastname@example.org and request account termination. All pending payment will be transferred to your PayPal account and after that your account will be closed.
2.3 Do I need to fill in information on my profile?
It is up to you how much information to include on your page, but note that companies can view your profile pages and therefore including your work experience, education and other relevant information significantly increases your chances of being hired by companies.
2.4 I can't upload my profile picture
We support jpg, jpeg and png file types with the file size up to 5mb. You may convert the picture resolution if it is too high. Contact us at email@example.com if you need some help
2.5 Changing my email
You may change your e-mail address by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3.1 How to apply for a project?
Select a project you believe you have necessary skills and knowledge to solve and click “apply” button. A separate window will appear where you need to write a pitch to the business, specify the price and set a deadline for you work.
After you submit your work, a company will reply if they see you fit to solve their problem.
3.2 What should I include into an offer?
We recommend creating a short pitch:
- Outline the key focus of your report. (Perhaps include your view of their problem and from which perspective your solution will be based)
- Talk about your relevant skills or experience to this specific problem.
- Show your understanding of the problem.
- Show that you are an ideal candidate to solve this problem or that your opinion will be crucial for this specific situation.
3.3 I have applied to several projects but have not been selected for one. Why?
Sorry to hear that you haven’t been selected for a project yet! Please be patient, as there are many qualified Pros applying to each project and it may take a few applications before you are selected. We've tried to make the application process very easy for this reason (no bidding or proposal, just a simple cover note). That said, there are a few things you can do to improve your odds:
- Ensure that your profile is filled with relevant information: include profile picture, education background, full work experience history, description of additional qualifications, skills, interests. Ensure everything is written professionally and the presentation is neat and accurate.
- Highlight most relevant experiences and skills. Companies usually have little spare time and highlighting most important information for them to see would make their job a lot easier.
- Feedback and ranking is important. We recommend starting with simple and easy jobs to get feedback and boost your rank. A lot of companies see this as one of the most important determinant of consultant’s ability to successfully solve problems.
- Ensure your proposal for projects clearly outline your strengths and explain how your expertise and experience will help you successfully solve their problems or critically access their business.
3.4 What should I do if I have gotten a bad rating or a bad comment from a company?
- First of all, you can lower your average requested price for new proposals to compensate for bad feedback being present on your profile. New good feedback should reduce the negative effect from the bad one.
- Successfully complete new projects to earn yourself better rating and feedback. You may ask companies to comment on you work after successfully completing a project.
If you believe that the company had posted bad feedback unfairly, please contact Wingup support at email@example.com
3.5. How can I be sure I will be paid?
- The company always pays full price in advance for your work. The money will be safely held on Wingup accounts and released to your account once the company will confirm that they have successfully received your work.
3.6. Can we change deadline and price on an ongoing project?
- You may re-negotiate the deadline on an ongoing project directly with the company. The deadline may only be changed if both the company and the consultant agree.
- At this moment you cannot re-negotiate the price if the company paid the deposit and the project has started
3.7. What if I need more time to complete my work?
- If you are running late on a deadline and need more time please notify the company immediately to change the deadline dates as soon as possible to avoid confusion.
- At the moment, you should have a valid Paypal account to be able to withdraw money that you have earned. If you don’t have one, please create one and link it to your bank account.
- At any point, you may select “withdraw fund” in the transactions sections of your profile.
4.2 Payment Method
- Only PayPal
- Make sure you have entered valid PayPal account email into the payment settings box.
4.3 How long will it take for money to be deposited on my Paypal account?
- It usually takes up to three working days for the money to be deposited in your Paypal account.
4.4 Company submits a complaint:
- Wingup operates on a free-market basis and therefore we cannot be directly involved in disputes. We recommend you to discuss the problem with the company directly via our dedicated chat system and try to solve it. Please keep in mind that if the company is unhappy with your work, they can put you a bad rating and comment, which will be shown on your profile and may negatively impact your future projects on Wingup, as other companies will see this feedback.
- In certain circumstances, when we see a negative feedback posted by the company to be unjustified, we may remove it.
- If the complaint submitted by the company involves unethical behaviour, use of bad language or very poor standard of work, we hold the right to bad you from the platform.
4.5 Wing Up service fees:
- Wingup charges 17% on completed work + 3% transaction fee.
- This amount will be payable by the company. Once you will agree on a price with a company, 17% + transaction fee will be added to the price they pay.
4.6 PayPal fees:
- When you request a withdrawal and the money is deposited on your account, it will be a subject to Paypal transaction fees, which is always payable by the receiver. Wingup has no control over these fees.